Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Born Pretty dry dried flowers


Here is the second part of the Born Pretty review! If you haven't read the first part about the lace stickers, click here to go to that post.

Dry dried flowers
When you order this you get 12 different styles and colours of dried flowers. They are in individual clear jars with screw-on lids. Easy to open, easy to close. Born Pretty store says the combination of the flowers are determined by random selection. The design of each package may vary per kit, but you will always get 12 different flowers. If you really want a specific colour or flower you can always try to mention this in the comment box before checking out. The price for the 12 bottles is $7.08. So you could say one bottle costs $0.59 which is pretty reasonable in my opinion.


As you can see I received two different kind of flowers. The flowers with large leaves and the ones with ultra-small leaves. Each bottle contains three till five pieces of dried flowers. I think you will need tweezers for the small leaves because it's pretty difficult to take them up with your fingers. I used my nails to take them up and it was annoying. I don't have problems with the large leaves though. The flowers are very thin and they actually smell like flowers!


The flowers can be applied on natural and artificial nails. Here I used the small leaves to decorate the black tips (Essence - #85 Galactic black) on my natural nails. I applied them when the nail polish was still wet. After I applied the leaves I finished it with adding a glittery top coat (Essence glitter top coat) to set them.

I recommend these dry dried flowers for anyone who wants to add an elegant and unique touch to their nails. The small leaves might be a little struggle but otherwise it is not difficult to use them. Totally recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment