Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tutorial: Icicles nails




It's been a long time ago since I did a tutorial so here's a short one. I'm going to show you how to create simple icicles.

Let's get started!
1. Choose a blue nail polish as your base colour.


2. Take a silver nail polish which is opaque enough and polish your tips with it. Do it with your free hand cause it doesn't matter at all if you do it uneven. I polished my tips unevenly on purpose.


3. Gently draw the spikes. Remember to do this slowly! The spikes might become too large and wide because you go too fast. I just used the brush of the silver swatch and used a smaller brush to make the edges sharper. Of course you can choose to use the small brush to create the whole spikes but that will take some more time.


Done! I didn't create too much icicles because I don't want busy nails :p
Items used:
Wynie - Shimmery blue (from the market at The Hague)
Essence - #80 Icy princess
Small brush

No comments:

Post a Comment